Discover the pathway to a rewarding career in healthcare with our comprehensive listings of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) classes in Albany. Nestled in the heart of the Capital Region, Albany boasts a vibrant healthcare community renowned for its dedication to excellence and compassionate patient care.
Our meticulously curated selection of CNA classes caters to individuals seeking to embark on a journey of skill development and personal growth in the healthcare sector. Whether you are a seasoned healthcare professional looking to expand your expertise or an aspiring newcomer eager to make a meaningful impact, we have the ideal CNA program for you.
Explore a diverse range of reputable institutions and accredited training centers, each designed to equip you with the essential knowledge, hands-on experience, and professional demeanor necessary to thrive in the dynamic field of healthcare. With Albany’s rich history and thriving medical facilities as your backdrop, you will find yourself immersed in a nurturing environment that encourages success.
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career as a Certified Nursing Assistant in Albany, where compassion meets competence, and healthcare knows no bounds. Begin your journey today and unlock a world of opportunities in one of New York State’s most esteemed healthcare communities.
These are the state-accredited CNA providers located in Albany, Georgia.
|School Name||Address||ZIP Code||Phone Number|
|Wynfield Park Health And Rehabilitation, Llc||223 W Third Avenue||31702||(229) 435-0741|
|Turner Job Corps Center||2000 Schilling Ave||31705||(229) 883-8500|
|New Beginnings Health And Career Training Center||2401Dawson Road, Suite M||31707||(229) 343-0106|
|Go With A Nurses Assistant (Gwana)||707 North Slappey Blvd||31707||(229) 869-4411|
|Heritage Health Career Center||1120 West Broad Avenue, Suite B‐1||31707||(229) 291-6609|
|Albany Tech College – Main Nurse Aide Accelerated||1704 South Slappey Blvd||31701||(229) 430-2832|
Albany Requirements for CNAs
Embark on a fulfilling healthcare career in Albany as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), contributing your compassionate care and expertise to the well-being of others. To become a CNA in Albany, you must meet a set of requirements that ensure you are well-prepared for the challenges and responsibilities of the role.
- Age and Education: Candidates must be at least 18 years old and possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- State-Approved Training: Enroll in a state-approved CNA training program in Albany. These programs cover essential topics such as patient care, infection control, vital signs monitoring, and communication skills. Training typically comprises a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on clinical experience.
- Background Check: Undergo a comprehensive background check, which includes criminal history and abuse registry screenings. This ensures the safety and well-being of patients under your care.
- Health Screening: Aspiring CNAs must provide proof of good health, including up-to-date immunizations and a negative tuberculosis (TB) test result.
- Certification Exam: After completing the state-approved training, candidates must pass the CNA certification exam. The exam includes a written portion and a practical skills assessment, evaluating your knowledge and ability to perform essential tasks.
Once you meet these requirements, you’ll be well-prepared to join Albany’s esteemed healthcare community as a Certified Nursing Assistant, ready to make a meaningful difference in the lives of patients and their families.
Employment & Salary Information for CNAs in Albany
In Albany, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) enjoy a competitive salary that is slightly below the national and state averages. According to the data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average hourly wage for CNAs in Albany is $15.74, which translates to an annual salary of $32,740.
Comparing this to the state average for Georgia, we find that the average hourly wage for CNAs in the entire state is marginally higher at $15.80, with an annual salary of $32,850.
On a broader scale, the national average for CNA salaries in the United States is $17.41 per hour, leading to an annual salary of $36,220.
While Albany’s CNA salaries are slightly below both the state and national averages, it’s important to consider the local cost of living and economic factors that may influence salary levels in the area. As the demand for healthcare professionals continues to grow, Albany remains an attractive location for aspiring CNAs due to its thriving healthcare community and opportunities for career advancement.
|Metro Area||CNAs Employed||Avg. Hourly Wage||Avg. Annual Salary|