Nestled in eastern North Carolina, Jacksonville stands as a vibrant healthcare hub. Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) play a vital role here. Our dedicated page provides listings for accredited CNA classes in Jacksonville, NC, and surroundings. These programs align with the region’s unique healthcare landscape, offering a clear path to CNA certification. Explore educational options, gain skills, and contribute to Jacksonville’s dynamic healthcare community. Discover potential and make a lasting impact on coastal city lives.
These are the state accredited CNA providers located in Jacksonville, NC, North Carolina.
|Caring for Life||Jacksonville||(910) 989-2273|
|Coastal Carolina Community College||Jacksonville||(910) 455-1221|
|Coastal Carolina Community College CCP||Jacksonville||(910) 938-6296|
Jacksonville, NC Requirements for CNAs
- Age and Education: Be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED.
- Training Program: Successfully complete a state-approved Nursing Assistant training program, typically lasting 4-12 weeks.
- Competency Exam: Pass the North Carolina state competency examination, which evaluates your knowledge and practical skills.
- Background Check: Undergo a thorough background check, including fingerprinting, for patient safety.
- Registry Listing: Your name will be listed in the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry upon passing the exam and background check.
- Continuing Education: Maintain certification by completing continuing education requirements to stay updated in the field.
Stay updated with any changes to these requirements through the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services or your chosen training program, as prerequisites may evolve over time.
Employment & Salary Information for CNAs in Jacksonville, NC
- Jacksonville, NC:
- Hourly Wage: $13.55
- Annual Salary: $28,190
- North Carolina (State Average):
- Hourly Wage: $15.28
- Annual Salary: $31,780
- United States (National Average):
- Hourly Wage: $17.41
- Annual Salary: $36,220
- In Jacksonville, NC, CNAs earn less than both the state and national averages.
- The hourly wage and annual salary in Jacksonville, NC, are notably lower than the state average for North Carolina.
- Similarly, they fall significantly below the national average for CNAs in the United States.
In summary, CNAs in Jacksonville, North Carolina, have salaries below the state and national averages, indicating a lower earning potential in the region.
|Metro Area||CNAs Employed||Avg. Hourly Wage||Avg. Annual Salary|