Nestled in the picturesque landscape of Johnstown, Pennsylvania, the pursuit of a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) takes on a distinct local flavor. Our page serves as a compass for those seeking CNA classes, providing a comprehensive directory of accredited programs in the Johnstown area. Embracing the spirit of this community, these programs prepare individuals for a rewarding journey into healthcare. Aspiring CNAs can explore the diverse opportunities available in Johnstown’s healthcare sector, knowing that their training will align perfectly with the unique needs of this dynamic region. With a legacy of resilience and community, Johnstown offers a supportive environment for individuals embarking on this noble profession, nurturing the next generation of healthcare heroes.
Check out the following CNA programs near you in Johnstown approved by the state of Pennsylvania.
|Program||Address||Zip Code||Phone Number|
|Commonwealth Tech Inst||727 Goucher St||15901||(814) 254-0400|
|Greater Johnstown AVTS||445 Schoolhouse Rd||15904||(814) 266-6073|
|Richland Healthcare & Rehab||349 Vo Tech Drive||15904||(814) 541-5950|
Johnstown Requirements for CNAs
To embark on the path of becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, individuals must adhere to specific requirements tailored to this vibrant city:
- Educational Background: Prospective CNAs should hold a high school diploma or equivalent, ensuring a foundational level of education.
- Training Program: Enroll in a state-approved CNA training program in Johnstown. These programs typically span 4 to 12 weeks and encompass both classroom education and hands-on clinical experience.
- Successful Completion: Diligently participate in and successfully complete the CNA training program. These courses equip individuals with the practical skills and comprehensive knowledge necessary to thrive in Johnstown’s unique healthcare environment.
- State Competency Exam: After training, candidates must pass Pennsylvania’s state competency examination, evaluating both theoretical understanding and practical skills.
- Background Check: Be prepared to undergo a thorough background check, a vital step to ensure patient safety and uphold the integrity of the healthcare profession.
- Registry Listing: Upon successfully passing the exam and background check, your name will be officially added to the Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Registry, recognizing you as a qualified healthcare professional in Johnstown.
- Continuing Education: To maintain your certification, engage in ongoing continuing education, ensuring that you remain up-to-date with evolving healthcare practices and the unique healthcare needs of Johnstown’s community.
By adhering to these Johnstown-specific requirements, aspiring healthcare professionals are well-prepared to provide high-quality care to patients while thriving in this resilient and tight-knit community.
Employment & Salary Information for CNAs in Johnstown
In Johnstown, Pennsylvania, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) salaries hold their own compared to both the national and state averages:
- Johnstown, PA:
- Average Hourly Wage: $14.94
- Average Annual Salary: $31,070
- Pennsylvania (State Average):
- Average Hourly Wage: $17.50
- Average Annual Salary: $36,400
- United States (National Average):
- Average Hourly Wage: $17.41
- Average Annual Salary: $36,220
While the average CNA salary in Johnstown may appear slightly lower than the state and national averages, it’s important to consider the local cost of living. Johnstown offers a cost-effective lifestyle, making the CNA salary level here quite competitive. CNAs in Johnstown have the advantage of enjoying a balanced income that aligns well with the region’s living expenses, ensuring a comfortable and satisfying life in this charming Pennsylvania community.
|Metro Area||CNAs Employed||Avg. Hourly Wage||Avg. Annual Salary|