Becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Peoria unveils a career immersed in compassionate care and community impact. This page is your guide to accredited CNA programs in Illinois, with a focus on vibrant Peoria. Aspiring caregivers are stepping into a journey where expertise meets empathy. Amid Peoria’s rich history and healthcare excellence, these listings shape careers and offer opportunities to contribute to community well-being.
The following list includes CNA programs in Peoria that are approved by the state of Illinois.
|Helping Hands Home Healthcare||East Peoria||(309) 699-4715|
|Midwest Technical Institute||East Peoria||(309) 427-2750|
|Illinois Central College-Hybird||Peoria||(309) 657-7103|
|Methodist College||Peoria||(309) 672-5507|
|Icc-Pekin S Campus||Peoria||(309) 642-6601|
|Il Apostolic Christian Skylines||Peoria||(309) 683-2500|
|Illinois Central College||Peoria||(309) 999-4651|
|Illinois Central College-Eureka Hybrid||Peoria||(309) 657-7103|
|Illinois Central College-Maple Lawn Eureka||Peoria||(309) 467-6101|
|Woodruff Career & Technical Center||Peoria||(309) 999-4651|
Requirements for CNA Classes in Peoria
Becoming a legal and certified Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Peoria, Illinois, involves specific steps and criteria:
- Be at least 16 years old for caregiving maturity.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent to demonstrate commitment.
- Complete CNA Program:
- Enroll in state-approved CNA training, including theory and practice.
- Accumulate Hours:
- Fulfill training hours covering patient care, communication, safety.
- Pass Competency Evaluation:
- Pass written and practical exams for safe and effective care.
- Background Check and Health Screening:
- Undergo checks for patient safety and integrity.
- Apply for Certification:
- Submit application with training and exam proof.
- State Registry Listing:
- Get listed on Nurse Aide Registry as a certified CNA.
- Explore Careers:
- Seek healthcare roles, contributing to patient well-being.
These steps align individuals with Peoria’s dedication to quality healthcare and compassionate caregiving.
CNA Pay in Peoria, Illinois
In Peoria, Illinois, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) not only provide essential care but also earn competitive compensation. With an average hourly wage of $16.47, Peoria’s 3,050 CNAs make an annual salary of $34,250.
Considering Peoria’s affordability, this income supports a comfortable lifestyle. CNAs can manage finances while enjoying the city’s cultural attractions and recreational opportunities.
To enhance earnings, CNAs can:
- Pursue specialized certifications for higher-paying roles.
- Consider shift differentials for increased pay.
- Gain experience in supervisory positions.
- Explore further education for advanced roles.
Peoria offers a fulfilling lifestyle and a crucial healthcare role for CNAs invested in their community’s well-being.
|Metro Area||CNAs Employed||Avg. Hourly Wage||Avg. Annual Salary|