In the heart of San Angelo, the path to becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) unfolds with the promise of a meaningful healthcare journey. This platform serves as your guide, leading you to a selection of accredited CNA programs across Texas. Amid the vibrant tapestry of San Angelo, these programs serve as the foundation for a career that blends compassionate care with essential medical skills. The listings offered here reflect the city’s dedication to fostering a skilled healthcare workforce, empowering individuals to excel in various healthcare settings. As San Angelo’s healthcare landscape continues to evolve, CNAs play a pivotal role, contributing to a narrative where careers align with the pursuit of making a tangible impact.
The following list includes CNA programs in San Angelo that are approved by the state of Texas.
|Program||Address||Zip Code||Phone Number|
|Baptist Memorials Center||902 N Main St||76903||(325) 655-7391|
|Howard College||3501 N. US Hwy 67||76905||(325) 481-8300 ext. 3229|
|Shannon SNF Nurse Aide Program||2018 Pulliam Street||76905||(325) 659-7427|
Requirements for CNA Classes in San Angelo
Becoming a certified CNA in San Angelo follows a clear path:
- Enroll in Approved Program: Join a state-approved CNA training program, immersing in the city’s commitment to quality healthcare.
- Meet Age Criteria: Candidates should meet age requirements, often at least 18 years old, reflecting readiness for healthcare duties.
- Background Check: Undergo thorough criminal background checks, aligning with San Angelo’s healthcare standards for patient safety.
- Immunization Records: Provide current immunization records, showcasing dedication to community health.
- Health Screenings: Some programs or settings may require health screenings, emphasizing fitness for the role.
- Pass Examinations: Successfully complete written and skills exams, showcasing competency.
- Earn State Certification: Upon passing, obtain state certification for legal CNA practice in San Angelo and Texas.
- Lifelong Learning: Embrace ongoing education, staying aligned with healthcare advancements.
- Embody Dedication: Beyond the formalities, embody qualities of compassion and commitment that resonate with San Angelo’s healthcare values.
By navigating these steps, individuals embark on a rewarding CNA journey in San Angelo, embodying the city’s essence of excellence in healthcare provision.
CNA Pay in San Angelo, Texas
In the warm embrace of San Angelo, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) can expect an average hourly wage of $14.14, equating to around $29,420 annually according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data. While these numbers might seem slightly below the national average of $17.41 per hour and $36,220 annually, and the state average of $15.46 per hour and $32,150 annually, it’s crucial to consider the city’s unique context.
San Angelo’s living costs align well with CNA salaries, ensuring a balanced lifestyle. Earnings cover daily expenses, housing, and necessities, maintaining a favorable quality of life.
To boost earning potential, San Angelo’s CNAs can consider these strategies:
- Certification Advancement: Pursue specialized certifications to access higher-paying roles.
- Valuable Experience: As experience accumulates, CNAs become more precious in healthcare settings, often resulting in improved compensation.
- Shift Opportunities: Embrace shifts like nights, weekends, or holidays, which frequently offer increased pay rates.
Ultimately, CNA salaries in San Angelo reflect the city’s commitment to healthcare professionals, harmonizing well with its affordable living environment. Smart growth strategies empower CNAs to embark on a rewarding career journey within San Angelo’s distinctive healthcare landscape.
|Avg. Hourly Wage||
Avg. Annual Salary