CNA week is a national week-long celebration of the hardworking and compassionate Certified Nursing Assistants who provide quality care to patients every day.
When is CNA Week 2022?
This year’s CNA Week will be held June 16-22, 2022.
The following are the dates for upcoming CNA Weeks:
- 2023: June 15-21
- 2024: June 13-19
- 2025: June 12-18
- 2026: June 11-17
What is CNA Week’s 2022 Theme?
For 2022, CNA week is using the theme of “I’m Still Standing” to reflect the incredible work CNAs have done during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What is the purpose of CNA Week?
The purpose of CNA Week is to raise awareness of the vital role CNAs play in the healthcare team, as well as to recognize the dedication and commitment of CNAs across the country. The CNA week has been an official event since 1977, and was started by the National Association of Health Care Assistants (NAHCA). 2022 will mark the 50th anniversary of the start of CNA week.
How can I get involved in CNA week?
There are many ways to get involved in CNA week. Here are some ideas:
- Register for the live webinars hosted by the NAHCA
- Thank a CNA in person or by email for their hard work and dedication
- Spread the word about CNA week by sharing information with friends and family, or by posting on social media using the hashtag #CNAWeek.
- Have a CNA Appreciation Day where you serve CNAs breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Make a CNA week care package with items like candy, chapstick, thank you notes, etc.
- Wear scrubs or a CNA Week t-shirt
- Make a poster or sign showing your support for CNAs
What are some CNA week events?
The NAHCA hosts events throughout CNA week. This year there will be live webinars with expert speakers on a variety of topics related to the role of CNAs, as well as fun events like a “Laughter Yoga” event.
You can also encourage your own organization to put together events internally throughout the week to recognize your own CNAs and highlight their accomplishments throughout the year.