CNA week is a national week-long celebration of the hardworking and compassionate Certified Nursing Assistants who provide quality care to patients every day. This is an important acknowledgment of the care and dedication that CNAs provide millions of patients around the country every year. The week is officially organized by the National Association of Health Care Assistants (NAHCA) This organization is focused on building awareness of the important work that CNAs perform within the healthcare profession.
When is CNA Week 2023?
This year’s CNA Week will be held June 14-20, 2023
The following are the dates for upcoming CNA Weeks:
- 2024: June 13-19
- 2025: June 12-18
- 2026: June 11-17
What is CNA Week’s 2023 Theme?
For 2023, we are still awaiting the theme of the week that will be announced by the NAHCA.
What is the purpose of CNA Week?
The purpose of CNA Week is to raise awareness of the vital role CNAs play in the healthcare team, as well as to recognize the dedication and commitment of CNAs across the country. CNA week has been an official event since 1977 and was started by the National Association of Health Care Assistants (NAHCA). 2022 will mark the 50th anniversary of the start of CNA week.
How can I get involved in CNA week?
There are many ways to get involved in CNA week. Here are some ideas:
- Register for the live webinars hosted by the NAHCA
- Thank a CNA in person or by email for their hard work and dedication
- Spread the word about CNA week by sharing information with friends and family, or by posting on social media using the hashtag #CNAWeek.
- Have a CNA Appreciation Day where you serve CNAs breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Make a CNA week care package with items like candy, chapstick, thank you notes, etc.
- Wear scrubs or a CNA Week t-shirt
- Make a poster or sign showing your support for CNAs
- Be intentional about thanking a CNA not just during CNA week, but throughout the entire year
What are some CNA week events?
The NAHCA hosts events throughout CNA week. This year there will be live webinars with expert speakers on a variety of topics related to the role of CNAs, as well as fun events like a “Laughter Yoga” event. The NAHCA has also announced a CNA Fest in 2023, “Rise of a CareForce, The Places We Could Go”.
You can also encourage your own organization to put together events internally throughout the week to recognize your own CNAs and highlight their accomplishments throughout the year.
Our dedicated staff strives to bring you the best and most accurate information about your path to becoming a CNA. Our team has been at the forefront of CNA education for more than a decade.