Florida Nurse Aide Registry
Florida Board of Nursing – Board Office
4052 Bald Cypress Way Bin C-02
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3252
Phone: (850) 245-4125
Applications and Fees ONLY:
Department of Health Board of Nursing
P.O. Box 6330
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6330
Prometric administers the NNAAP competency examinations and manages the Florida Nurse Aide Registry (also referred to as the Florida CNA Registry). Applicants for Nurse Assistant certification in Florida must meet the following requirements concomitantly in order to be issued a certificate and be placed on the Florida Nurse Aide Registry:
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent, and is at least 18 years of age;
- Have completed the curriculum developed under the Enterprise Florida Jobs and Education Partnership Grant
- Have achieved a minimum score on the nursing assistant competency examination.
Online Verification of Florida Nurse Assistant Certification
Any employer seeking to check the certification status of a nurse assistant in Florida can use the following link for verification purposes:
For instructions on verifying or looking up a CNA license refer to our Florida CNA License Lookup and Verification page.
Certification Renewal for Nurse Assistants in Florida
The CNA Registry in Florida requires nursing assistants to renew their certificates every 24 months. Eligibility requirements for renewal include having performed at least 24 hours of paid nursing-related services in the last 24 months.
Renew Your Certificate
Expired License Information
Certification Transfer from Another State
Certified nurse assistants from another state may be placed on the Florida Nurse Aide Registry if:
- The certificate is current in another state
- They are on the nurse aide registry of the respective state
- They are not on the list of abuse, neglect or exploitation in that state
The Florida state exam is not required.
Certification by Endorsement Application