Wyoming Nurse Aide Registry
2020 Carey Ave., Ste. 110
Cheyanne, WY 82002
Phone (307) 777-7601
License Verification: (877) 626-2681
FAX: (307) 777-3519
The Wyoming State Board of Nursing is responsible for the regulation of nurse aides in the state of Wyoming. The Board maintains the Wyoming CNA Registry that features nurse aides who are certified to provide services in swing beds and licensed nursing homes. The Department of Health has contracted Prometric to administer the competency evaluations for nurse aides.
Steps to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant in Wyoming
- Complete a state-approved program for nursing assistants.
- Complete the Wyoming NA Competency Evaluation Registration, which allows you to schedule an examination with Prometric.
- Complete the Wyoming NA Certification by Examination application which allows you to obtain temporary permit and certification with the Wyoming State Board of Nursing.
- Take and pass tests as scheduled.
- Apply with the Department of Health to be placed on the CNA registry in Wyoming.
- Candidate Information Bulletin
- Examination Application Form
- Test Center List
- ADA Accommodations Request Packet
- Practice Exam
- Request for registry placement
- Certification Verification Portal
Certification Renewal for Wyoming CNAs
CNAs must renew their certificates every 24 months. Renewal can be done online between October 1st and December 31st of every even year. Competency requirements for renewal include either of the following:
- The completion of 400 (four hundred) hours of employment as a CNA in the past 24 months
- The completion of 200(two hundred) hours of employment as a CNA and 15 (fifteen) hours of continuing education related to nursing practice in the past 24-month certification period.
- The completion of 30 (thirty) hours of continuing education related to nursing practice in the past 24-month certification period.
CNAs who have become certified by examination are not required to demonstrate their competency for their first certification renewal. Failing to renew based on inability to meet competency leads to required re-training and retesting.
Lapsed Nursing Assistant Certificates in Wyoming
Recertification is required for nursing assistants who fail to renew their certificate on or before December 31st of every even year. A recertification information packet is available with Licensing/Examination Coordinators that can be contacted at (307) 777-7601. Nurse aides with lapsed/expired certificates cannot work as nursing assistants.
Out-of-state CNA License by Endorsement
License by endorsement is available to nursing assistants who wish to practice as CNAS in Wyoming and have an active and in good standing certificate in another state provided that they meet the criteria.